Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Top 10 Books I read in 2016!

First, I know I haven't done a blog post in SO long but I had a bunch of family stuff come up and unforuntally my blog posts will be a bit random for a while.

ANYWHO. Not really in any particular order, let me tell you about the 10 books that I enjoyed most in 2016! <3

1) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
The first book in this series, ACOTAR, actually put me in a not so fun reading slump, but this gem, I became addicted to. I love how the main character, Feyre had something terrible happen to her, and then didn't just magically get over it. Actually, I just love Feyre as a character and I am very much looking forward to A Court of Wings and Ruin in May.

2.) The Winners Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
I don't want to go into depth about what happens in this book because it is the final book in a triology but it was everything that I wanted plus some and everytime I look at the series on my bookshelf, I can't help but smile like a fool.

3.) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
I don't if you can tell by my list so far, but I love me some fantasy books and this one really focused on friendship which is something that I didn't see a lot of last year.

4.) Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
This actually began an entire Alex Bracken reading binge because I wanted more after that cliffhanger but I have Wayfarer in my hands now so it's all good and I am a happy camper.

5.) It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
It's always better go into Colleen Hoover's books blind, but I honestly think that writing this book was the reason why she was put on this earth. Just. Go. Read it. Now.

6.) Nemesis by Anna Banks
I got an ARC of this and I don't have the patience to wait for the next book in this duology? or is it a series? I don't know. All I know is that I need more, ASAP.

7.) Heartless by Marissa Meyer
I really enjoyed reading this book, like all of her other books reading it was just a lot of fun. Due to the fact this is how my best friend chose to tell me she was pregnant, it's always going to be favorite. <3

8.) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
I feel like this was the strongest series opener she's had yet! Although, the shadow world was already built up, so she was able to just jump into the story. This was a great make up for the disappointment that was the Shadowhunters tv show, Seriously..brown runes? BROWN?

9.) Trapped in Silver by Emily Sowden
I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH. It took me a bit to really get attached to it but oh once I did..ONCE I DID I WAS SOLD. I want the next one. Yesterday. Unforntunally it's not out quite yet, but you should totally read it once it does come out!

10.) A List of Cages by Robin Roe
This is another book that isn't quite out yet, but you need to keep an eye on. It's about really important topics, and I just know that this book is going to be hitting the radar hard. I'm not sure why it's not currently being hyped but it needs to be. ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment