Monday, November 7, 2016

Mirror in the Sky | Aditi Khorana


Goodreads Synopsis
or Tara Krishnan, navigating Brierly, the academically rigorous prep school she attends on scholarship, feels overwhelming and impossible. Her junior year begins in the wake of a startling discovery: A message from an alternate Earth, light years away, is intercepted by NASA. This means that on another planet, there is another version of Tara, a Tara who could be living better, burning brighter, because of tiny differences in her choices. 

As the world lights up with the knowledge of Terra Nova, the mirror planet, Tara’s life on Earth begins to change. At first, small shifts happen, like attention from Nick Osterman, the most popular guy at Brierly, and her mother playing hooky from work to watch the news all day. But eventually those small shifts swell, the discovery of Terra Nova like a black hole, bending all the light around it. 

As a new era of scientific history dawns and Tara's life at Brierly continues its orbit, only one thing is clear: Nothing on Earth--and for Tara--will ever be the same again.



I actually managed to get my super awesome library to foot the bill for this baby! I requested it due to a Goodreads group that I'm in saying that this would be the fall book and (eventually) there would be a live show on it. So. I ordered it, waited forever for it to come, and now I have read it. It's not what I thought it would be. It really kind of reminds me of mean girls in a both a bad and good way. I just finished it a couple hours ago and I'm still trying to decide what I think.

There's a couple of different story arcs in this one.

The first one is that Tara's friend Meg is going to be in a foreign exchange problem and she basically breaks up the friendship with her on the phone.
They're another planet out there with another Tara on it who may make different decisions, oh golly, gee whiz!
Tara's Mommy runs away to Cali and joins a cult.

I loved the diversity in this one, Tara's family is from India and that does play a role in this book.

THAT ENDING! Seriously more people need to finish this on the Restricted Section book club because I'm DYING to talk about it!

4/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment