Thursday, September 29, 2016

Nemesis | Anna Banks ARC Review!

First yall need to read the story on how I managed to get this ARC:


So remember back in July when EVERY (or so it seemed..) Barnes and Noble decided to hold an author event or something nationwide? Well. I went out to Destin (I live in Panama City) the day before and found out about it by happenstance, and I just got lucky and I was off on that Saturday. Well. Not lucky. I have a lot of animals so Saturdays are usually reserved for trips to the CO OP, but back to the Friday when one of my friends and I were playing in Barnes and Noble..I happened to get lucky and see the booksellers setting up a table to meet Anna Banks the next day to get books signed. I happen to own most of her books, so I made sweet plans to go back with my Dad the next day (Hey, he likes books too!), Sassy (I have a raccoon. We go on adventures together <3), and my friend invited himself (I'm sure he now regrets that knowing that these books aren't really his type, because he's a book snob). Anyways. That Saturday comes and we end up being super late because the friend that tagged along can't lift a 50 pound bag of feed, and I accidentally ate a tomato so much like now, I ended up taking a bunch of benadryl. Back to the main event: I get to the bookstore with my Dad (Unfortunately, barnes and noble doesn't allow albino raccoons in the store so she hd to stay in the truck with the air running :( ), I get my books signed, and she asks me: "Do you have Nemesis?" Um. No, I didn't. It didn't release until October (I do have it preordered), and I quit blogging. WHY would I have Nemesis in July? I wouldn't. Anyways. She pulls one out of what seems to be thin air to me, signs it, and gives it to me. I have a fangirl moment, get some coffee, and then go home. To my standards I made it last a little bit because I only read it during dead moments at work. I live in a tourist town from hell and July is more than a little busy. That being said, according to my goodreads..I only read it between July 15th and July 17th, but like her other series (The Syrena Legacy), I LOVED IT. The book. Not the cover. Which completely makes sense once you really get into the book and I'm 99.9 % sure that the author doesn't have any if much say in what the cover of the book is but oh my gosh. I'm gushing now. I'll stop for a moment.

Summary (from Goodreads):
The princess didn't expect to fall in love--with her nemesis.

Princess Sepora of Serubel is the last Forger in all the five kingdoms. The spectorium she creates provides energy for all, but now her father has found a way to weaponize it, and his intentons to incite war force her to flee from his grasp. She escapes across enemy lines into the kingdom of Theoria, but her plans to hide are thwarted when she is captured and placed in the young king's servitude.

Tarik has just taken over rulership of Theoria, and must now face a new plague sweeping through his kingdom and killing his citizens. The last thing he needs is a troublesome servant vying for his attention. But mistress Sepora will not be ignored. When the two finally meet face-to-face, they form an unlikely bond that complicates life in ways neither of them could have imagined.


Okay, I'm going to be jumping around because I can't have a straight thought tonight (Sorry, guys!), but first without spoiling this gem: I loved how there is NOT a love triangle with Tariks brother. YES. A YA FANTASY WHERE THERE IS NOT A LOVE TRIANGLE. For that alone, you want to give this a read, correct? I super hate the name Tarik. My family watches a lot of HGTV and Flip or Flop just annoys the eff out of me. I managed to get over it though. I am not sure if this is a series or a duology, but I hope that it turns into something like the Shadowhunter Chronicles because this world that Anna Banks has created is INCREDIBLE. I don't even know how to begin to describe it but she has 5 kingdoms loosely based on Egyptian mythology, and I don't think one or two books is going to be enough for me to be happy. We mainly hear about two kingdoms in this book, but I sincerely hope that we get to hear more about the other three in the next book. I'm already tired of waiting for book 2 and I want it to come out next week (October 4th) instead of the first one. Yes, I'm just that impatient. :)


FTC: Your girl obviously didn't pay for this one, but I HAVE paid for a finished copy and all opinions are my own. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment