Saturday, September 24, 2016

With Malice | Eileen Cook

This was another one of my audiobook finds, but this one I actually bought from Audible, and I didn't listen to it while I was driving. Well..I started it when I was driving but you know how sometimes you just HAVE to finish a book because it's got your attention and you can't think about anything else? Yeah. That's what this was for me, so I kinda binged it while I was coloring at my kitchen table.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Eighteen-year-old Jill Charron wakes up in a hospital room, leg in a cast, stitches in her face and a big blank canvas where the last six weeks should be. She discovers she was involved in a fatal car accident while on a school trip in Italy. A trip she doesn’t even remember taking. She was jetted home by her affluent father in order to receive quality care. Care that includes a lawyer. And a press team. Because maybe the accident…wasn’t an accident.

As the accident makes national headlines, Jill finds herself at the center of a murder investigation. It doesn’t help that the media is portraying her as a sociopath who killed her bubbly best friend, Simone, in a jealous rage. With the evidence mounting against her, there’s only one thing Jill knows for sure: She would never hurt Simone. But what really happened? Questioning who she can trust and what she’s capable of, Jill desperately tries to piece together the events of the past six weeks before she loses her thin hold on her once-perfect life.

Oh my gosh. I'm not going to pretend this was some kind of fantastic piece of literature but I'm wishing I had read this when I first added it to my goodreads page, or when I checked it out of the library and then proceeded to.. not read it and then turn it back into the library. This book is very clearly based on the Amanda Nox trial but oh, it is so thought consuming. I don't want to talk it and ruin it, but seriously, go out and find a copy of this book somehow and read it. I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT. I'm dying not being able to! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment