Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Love & Gelato | Jenna Evans Welch

I got this book from my local library the other day and I'm pretty glad I did. I finished Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins the other day and I needed something light and fluffy to clear my head. This looked like the fluffiest book out of my stack of library books so I grabbed it and went for it. 
I am so glad I did! I mean, no this book isn't anything amazing, but I really enjoyed it and it kept me entertained while I working on it.   
Goodreads Synopisis 
“I made the wrong choice.”  Lina is spending the summer in Tuscany, but she isn’t in the mood for Italy’s famous sunshine and fairy-tale landscape. She’s only there because it was her mother’s dying wish that she get to know her father. But what kind of father isn’t around for sixteen years? All Lina wants to do is get back home.  But then she is given a journal that her mom had kept when she lived in Italy. Suddenly Lina’s uncovering a magical world of secret romances, art, and hidden bakeries. A world that inspires Lina, along with the ever-so-charming Ren, to follow in her mother’s footsteps and unearth a secret that has been kept for far too long. It’s a secret that will change everything she knew about her mother, her father—and even herself.  People come to Italy for love and gelato, someone tells her, but sometimes they discover much more. 

Okay, first off, let me tell you right now..the entire book takes place in a time span of less than a week, and with all the things that happen, I tell like that makes it more than a little unrealistic. HOWEVER. I loved the descriptions of the scenery. It made me crave to go on a little adventure to Italy. Lina's mothers journal was a little off putting for me. Instead of reading it all the way through and then figuring some things out, she tries to figure things out beforehand, and it doesn't work out very well for her.  I hated the romance between Lina's mother, Hadley and Howard. The way that was laid out just broke my heart and shattered it into a million tiny pieces. This book also had some of the stereotypical two super hot guys are after the shy girl love triangle but I was able to simply ignore that and pretend that it didn't exist.  Its not the best book in the world by any means, but I would recommend if you're looking for a cute fluffy book that will make you crave gelato something fierce.  
3/5 stars.   Some of my favorite quotes out of this bad boy: 
“You may be slow to warm up, but once you do, you light up the whole room” 
“I needed to find The Dress. You know, the once-in-a-lifetime dress guaranteed to make anyone fall in love with you.”  
“It wasn't a little kiss, Not like your first peck or like the time you made out with your junior high boyfriend behind the movie theater. It was throw-your-arms-around-his-neck, bury-your-fingers-in-his-hair, why-haven't-we-done-this-before kissing”  

No comments:

Post a Comment