Saturday, October 1, 2016

Unpopular Book Opinions Tag!

So, I know I've seen this tag going around on booktube for a while now. Sadly, my booktube skills are lacking so I figured I would do the questions in a blog post like I've seen other people do so I can spice things up a bit. :) 

1.) A popular book or series that you didn't like. 
Okay, please don't hate me for this. I gave this series a good try. I've actually read the first book twice (years apart) and both times I didn't really feel the book and it just didn't do it for me, but for this I'm going to choose the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I hated the way that some likes would have a strike through and I have never hated a main character the way that I hate Juliette.

2) A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love.
The Die for Me series by Amy Plum. I have heard zero people talk about this series but it helped me survive a stay in the hospital during booktubathon last year. I flew threw them and LOVED them.

3) A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with or an OTP you don't like.
I'm supposed to warn people about spoilers for this question, but I'm pretty sure that 99.9 percent of the human population has read or watched The Hunger Games, and I wanted Katniss to end up with anyone EXCEPT Peeta and it still grinds my gears whenever I think about it. 

4) A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
I'm not sure how to answer this one but I'm going to go with those doomsday prepper books that my father can't seem to get enough of.

5) A popular or beloved character you do not like. 
I know I already said this but Juliette from Shatter Me. I dislike her to the point that in real life I automatically have something against people with her name. 

6) A popular author you can't seem to get into.
Tahereh Mafi and Lauren Oliver, but I am super excited for Replica to be out on October 4th, so who knows? That may change here soon. :)

7) A popular book troupe you're tired of seeing.
The super beautiful girl who doesn't know she's beautiful and just so happens to have 18 super cute boys after her and she doesn't understand why.

8) A popular book series that you have no interest in reading. 
Any of the Debbie Macomber books..they're always at the walmart and my mother likes them so I assume they're popular?

9) The saying goes the "the book is always better than the movie" but what movie or tv show adaptation do you prefer more than the book? 
The Vampire Diaries. I did not like the books, but every once in a while I get OBSESSED and binge watch the tv show!

No comments:

Post a Comment